This is honey produced by bees that primarily feed on the nectar of California Holly (Heteromeles arbutifolia) flowers. It has a distinct dark color, rich and robust flavor, and is known for its high antioxidant content. This type of honey is primarily found in the coastal regions of California and is highly prized by honey enthusiasts and gourmet chefs for its unique taste and health benefits.
Health Benefits of Holly Honey.
- Boosts Immunity: Contains antibacterial and antiviral properties that help boost the immune system and fight off infections.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Rich source of antioxidants that help protect the body from harmful free radicals, which can cause oxidative stress and contribute to the development of chronic diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory Properties: Has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation in the body, which can contribute to the development of several chronic diseases.
- Promotes Digestive Health: Contains prebiotics that help promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria, which can improve digestive health.
- Soothes Sore Throat and Cough: Holly honey has soothing properties that may help relieve sore throat and cough symptoms.
- Promotes Wound Healing: Holly honey has antibacterial and wound-healing properties that can help promote faster healing of wounds and burns.
- 100% Raw Holly Honey
How To Use
As a natural sweetener: Holly honey can be used as a natural sweetener in place of processed sugars. It can be added to teas, and smoothies, or used as a topping for pancakes or waffles.
To soothe a sore throat and cough: Soothing properties make it an excellent natural remedy for sore throat and cough. Simply mix a tablespoon of honey in warm water or tea and drink it to relieve symptoms.
As a face mask: Antibacterial and antioxidant properties make it an excellent ingredient in homemade face masks. Mix honey with other natural ingredients like oatmeal, yogurt, or avocado, and apply it to your face for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off.
As a wound dressing: Wound healing and antibacterial properties make it an excellent natural remedy for minor wounds and burns. Apply a thin layer of Holly honey directly to the affected area and cover it with a bandage.
The best location to store honey is in the kitchen pantry at a temperature ranging between 50 and 70 degrees F.
Caution: May rarely cause allergic reactions in certain individuals.
Contraindications: children under 1 year of age.
There are no reviews yet.